My dating site

Discussion in 'Money, Wealth, and Business' started by leafar, Jun 26, 2013.

1. leafar

leafar New Member

I usually overthink everything, and overplan everything. So for a change I decided a few days ago to buy a domain name and set up a dating site, without any planning at all.

The idea of my dating site is : UK based men & UK based foreign (non british) women. There are a lot of international dating sites, the idea being that men from western countries chat with foreign women in their own countries, and maybe one day they meet. But I thought, why not use the same concept, but with local foreign women instead, because not everyone is able to easily travel, or they don't have the money to travel.

I think it's a really good idea, and I did a google search : foreign women uk dating. I found nothing like what I'm doing, not a single one. Just international dating sites. So, either my idea is a load of old rubbish which is why no one else is doing it, or, it could catch on. I have no idea.

When deciding on the name, I tried to think of as few words as possible, while still making it clear what the concept it. The only words I could come up with were foreign women uk dating. I tried putting those words into different orders to see which would sound the best, and out of all 24 combinations, the one that I chose was the best.

My domain is from godaddy.com and the site itself is with a white label called thedatingstudio.com

The link to my site is www.foreignwomenukdating.com I'm going to make some changes to it, including the front page. But they don't really let you make too many changes. Ideally I'd love to make it free to begin with but I called and asked and they said no. It's one of those sites where it's free to join but you can't actually do anything (contact people) until you pay.

I want to promote my site. I've put in my key words in the meta tag thingy, and I've included them in all pages. I know that google will take a couple or a few months to recognise them and I don't mind waiting. I've read quite a lot about SEO, but I don't really understand what all the fuss is about, because a few years ago I created a forum, and I barely promoted it, and yet, to this day, when I type in the key words I'm either the 1st or the 3rd result, depending on exactly what I type.

So, any ideas on how to promote my site would be welcome. I don't want to pay anything to promote it, certainly not yet. And I don't want to spam forums but there has to be a fairly easy way to let people know about my site.

If I'm not allowed to post the link to my forum, please just delete it, or do whatever you have to do.

Thank you.

2. GoingForward

GoingForward Banned

Thats pretty cool.
    Did you make that homepage site yourself? or does the datingstudio give you all those homepages already?
    And how much $ have you made so far? (pm me if this is private)
    It sounds like an interesting idea :)

3. leafar

leafar New Member

The company creates the shop, as it were, and I'm just the shopkeeper. They designed and made everything, I can only make very minor changes. I've made nothing, since I have no members. I only started this on saturday (4 days ago). It cost me £7.11 for the domain, and the actual creation of the site is free. No charges at all.

4. leafar

leafar New Member

The thing about my site is that when I created it, it came with a load of profiles already. They are profiles of people who are members of other dating sites which are run by the white label. Effectively they are fake profiles. So I would imagine that when someone registers (which is free, so they can look around), they'll see those profiles and think that there are a lot of members. I'm in two minds about that. On the one hand, from the point of view of someone who wants to get members, I think it's a good thing, but on the other hand, I wouldn't appreciate joining a dating site only to find that after I pay to be able to actually use it (ie send messages) I get no replies. But then again, what they don't know won't hurt them. And if one person is persuaded to join, then I'm sure others can too.

I can't change the fact that there are fake profiles. I asked, but it's not possible.

All I've done in terms of SEO is enter my key words in the meta tags. That's it, nothing else. And at first, my site didn't appear at all in any google search. Now, just a week and a half later, not only does foreignwomenukdating appear as the first result on the first page, but when I enter the key words individually, this is what I get :

women uk dating foreign - page 1, position 8
    foreign women uk dating - page 1, position 9
    foreign women uk dating - page 1, position 9
    foreign uk women dating - page 1, position 9
    women dating uk foreign - page 1, position 9
    women foreign uk dating - page 1, position 10
    women uk foreign dating - page 1, position 10
    foreign uk dating women - page 1, position 12

dating women uk foreign - page 2, position 1
    uk dating foreign women - page 2, position 1
    uk dating women foreign - page 2, position 2
    dating foreign women uk - page 2, position 3
    dating uk foreign women - page 2, position 4
    foreign dating women uk - page 2, position 6
    uk foreign women dating - page 2, position 6

dating foreign uk women - page 3, position 1
    dating women foreign uk - page 3, position 1
    uk foreign dating women - page 3, position 4
    women foreign dating uk - page 3, position 6
    women dating foreign uk - page 3, position 6
    foreign dating uk women - page 3, position 10

uk women foreign dating - page 4, position 2

uk women dating foreign - page 5, position 5

dating uk women foreign - couldn't find at all

What do I plan to do to promote my site? Well, if the search results are as good as they are, I don't know if there's anything more to do, other than go on forums and mention my site.