/>
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what are some of your FUTURE accomplishments

Damn girl! The things that you dig up!!

I had to look at the year I wrote that since quite a bit has changed. I don't plan on moving or going to school to be an LPN. Maybe it was just a passing phase. The thought of taking a class still comes to mind now and then but it just doesn't seem very important anymore.

My debt, well, the one is gone. One down, one to go.

Scooter only has 96

Is moving to Hawaii one of them??

Coloring my world with “Crayola Crayons”...Exciting Southern California!!

Quote Originally Posted by joanne1216 View Post
    Damn girl! The things that you dig up!!

I had to look at the year I wrote that since quite a bit has changed. I don't plan on moving or going to school to be an LPN. Maybe it was just a passing phase. The thought of taking a class still comes to mind now and then but it just doesn't seem very important anymore.

My debt, well, the one is gone. One down, one to go.

Scooter only has 96

Is moving to Hawaii one of them??

Joanne,

LOL!!!

I thought you might enjoy this trip back to August 2007!!!

Thanks for the update!

OK….So you are no longer planning on moving (goal cancelled)……….

And you are no longer on planning on becoming an LPN (goal cancelled)………..

However, you did pay off one debt!!! Yeah!!! (one goal accomplished)

And yes, moving full time to Kona was #14 on Scooter’s list which was supposed to be done by 2010 according to his 3 year schedule!!!

Just curious, why did you decide against becoming an LPN?

Also, you keep saying that you want to take a class, but never mention what type of class?

Cheers to More Updates!!!
    GGG
    Last edited by Go-Getter-Girl; 03-27-2012 at 07:05 PM.

____________________~~~GGG~~~____________________

Life is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint on it you can!
    The creative mind is the playful mind. Philosophy is the play and dance of ideas!
    Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Go-Getter-Girl View Post

Just curious, why did you decide against becoming an LPN?

Also, you keep saying that you want to take a class, but never mention what type of class?
    GGG
    I decided against being an LPN is the same reason I haven't taken any classes (anatomy) is what I wanted to start out with by the way.

Reason #1. Money
    Reason #2. I don't want to study

Maybe they're more like excuses.

I just want to go to learn. Not to have to study for tests. I don't mind homework but the studying bugs me. I hated school GGG. I can't believe I actually graduated!! When I went to a two year college, it was all business, no liberal arts crap. I learned what I needed to learn, it was great. I had a 3.8 gpa but that was so long ago.

That is why I want to begin with just one class and Anatomy is the one that interests me.

Wow there's a few big ones but let's see.

1. Pay off my entire student loan from 1998. (Yup, college sure was expensive)

2. Not pay back my mom, but give her the home and lifestyle she's always wanted.

3. Financially help my less fortunate relatives back in my poor neighborhood in the Caribbean.

4. Start a scholarship fund for young minority entrepreneurs.

5. Become a billionaire (yes I'm not joking, anythings possible with a good idea, marketing, and perseverance)

6. Travel to every destination both me and my wife ever wished for.

7. Make sure my children have whatever they want (in reason, not useless frivolous things)

8. Have a continuous supply of Cadbury chocolate bars for many decades to come.
    Last edited by wadeinni; 04-10-2012 at 12:48 AM. Reason: typo
    Erookie - Startup Business Advice

Quote Originally Posted by joanne1216 View Post
    I decided against being an LPN is the same reason I haven't taken any classes (anatomy) is what I wanted to start out with by the way.

Reason #1. Money
    Reason #2. I don't want to study

Maybe they're more like excuses.

I just want to go to learn. Not to have to study for tests. I don't mind homework but the studying bugs me. I hated school GGG. I can't believe I actually graduated!! When I went to a two year college, it was all business, no liberal arts crap. I learned what I needed to learn, it was great. I had a 3.8 gpa but that was so long ago.

That is why I want to begin with just one class and Anatomy is the one that interests me.
    Joanne if I can do it, you can do it.

Seriously.

It hurts like hell, but you'll probably be proud of yourself when you accomplish it.
    And I'll find strength in pain.

Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by Go-Getter-Girl View Post
    Bump!!!

Hey Everyone,

I found this great thread from August 2007!!

And I am just curious............

How did everyone do????

Joanne, Scooter, Sean David and Kimberly..........

How about an update on your lists, now that it is March 2012???

Cheers to Updates!!!
    GGG
    OK...So I am a little late responding...but I logged in today and found this. My how lists change...I guess that's part of making a list. You need to keep checking it to get back on track! I'll add my yes or no on my original list from 2007, (which I may or may not have been drinking while compiling)...kidding. Why not, might re align myself a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Sean David View Post
    Have my debt, (other than houses) paid off completely (1Mo) Yes, although I have some small "other-than-house" debt now. For good reasons though.

Move to another City (8-10Mo) Yes.

Record a new CD (1year) No, this one has taken longer and in fact only got started this year. So the no, can be a "working on" I am 3 songs in to a new CD.

Buy a new motorcycle (2 years) Yes

Become part owner of a restaurant (enough to eat my meals for free) (5 years) No. I realized I cannot eat my meals for free unless I pretty much own the whole place, and I can't see how to make money at that right now so have aborted. (for now) I looked seriously at buying into a club 2 years ago, but chose not to jump into the lifestyle.

Buy a tropical vacation condo (1 year) No. Been buying motorcycles

Ride from Alaska to Mexico on the West Coast (2 years) No.

Become fluent in Spanish (1 year) No, although because of my last move I changed this goal to French and are now at a medium level, (wouldn't say fluid)

Get partner for recording studio and set up off site (other than in my house) (3 years) Yes, we are working together in a business that is not making money...but fortunately it is still just for fun!

Tour through Eastern Europe (3 years) No.

Vacation on a beach in Spain (1 year) No...seems my vacation goals are slacking.

Play guitar with Scooter (hmmm) No, his tour schedule has been too busy.

Rent a dirt bike and motorcycle through Mexican ruins (4 years) No. I've been to Mexico twice since then but haven't done that because I was the only one in the group who was into it...maybe next time!
    Hmmm, 30% success rate is not too good! Although if I rationalize to make myself look better, (which I often do), I would say the vacation ones are grouped together. Plus there are a couple where I looked into and changed my mind for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean David View Post
    OK...So I am a little late responding...but I logged in today and found this. My how lists change...I guess that's part of making a list. You need to keep checking it to get back on track! I'll add my yes or no on my original list from 2007, (which I may or may not have been drinking while compiling)...kidding. Why not, might re align myself a bit...

Hmmm, 30% success rate is not too good! Although if I rationalize to make myself look better, (which I often do), I would say the vacation ones are grouped together. Plus there are a couple where I looked into and changed my mind for good reason.
    I found the list changes almost as fast as I can write one. There are only a few concrete goals I maintain. those are the non negotiable
    [ My Blog ] [ Kona Condo ]
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead - Jimmy Buffett
    Got my toes in the water, Ass in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold drink in my hand. Life is good today. - Zac Brown

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123