What Motivates You In Life??

Discussion in 'About Success, Motivation & Goal Setting' started by RomanPrice, Nov 22, 2010.

1. RomanPrice

RomanPrice New Member

I've always been curious and fascinated by what motivates people people around me, everyone's different and I believe we could all motivate each other.

This quote motivates me on a daily basis, "Great adversity is often done by those not smart enough to know it's impossible" Anonymous

What motivates you??

2. LP560

LP560 New Member

Freedom.

3. jasonbell

jasonbell New Member

The essence of progression keeps me motivated. I always believe that your best is yet to come. Your best is always yet to come.

4. zekes

zekes New Member

For me, one thing that motivates me is thinking my dreams, wishes, wants, so that I always say to my self that soon I will fulfill my dreams :)

5. Set Goals Live Your Dream

Motivation boils down to how badly you want something, and what price you will pay to achieve it. Achieving a goal has a price. For me it means working harder and smarter in my business. The slow economy taught me not to take anything for granted. I feel that continuously reading motivational stories helps ignite the passion necessary for your goals success.

6. Oxum

Oxum New Member

The desire to express myself through music and art moves me..

What motivates me is my desire to work with music and musicians as a singer.

The idea of been on the stage, telling stories with my voice plus a musical background like a band moves me. Becoming all that i can be within the arts.

Seeing great singers performing in musical festivals motivates me.

My rehearsals motivates me, the becoming of powefull presence vocals from my mouth motivates me.

Learning new songs motivates me. The idea of working with other instruments and musicians do motivates me.

The beauty of music, the healing power of music, the energy from sounds, the strength of lyrics, all the emotoins that can be expressed from music motivates me.:rocker:

7. NOWistheTIME

NOWistheTIME New Member

My biggest motivations are freedom and fulfilment.

I am certain I won't ever work "for someone else" again. I quit my job for that reason and I am now motivated to do what fulfills me and to make a living doing it.

8. Hulbert Lee

Hulbert Lee New Member

Having freedom in the future motivates me to take action now.

9. GR8FL2BME

GR8FL2BME The Bejeweled One

Wow...awesome!!! Rock on, dude! :cool:

10. Auswithspirit

Auswithspirit FIREWALKER

Its within a woman, its bellow her head and above her thighs

Its her heart and the love within ya dirty minded people geeeeeez:BD:

11. Hulbert Lee

Hulbert Lee New Member

I second this!

12. mlj525

mlj525 New Member

this is a good question Roman as I am motivated by several things

1. Stay on the offense- It is so hard for me to just get started, but when I do I feel like I am in a zone, and nothing can stop me.

So I try and get up early in the morning (4am preferably) and start working.

Also I am inspired by the handicap. We take for granted, the strength of the handicap.

I just heard the story of someone who is completely blind, but are able to run marathons with people that have 20/20 vision,
    - some can write books with no hands,
    - and there are some who could even ride bikes with no legs.

They are truly amazing, and definitely keeps me motivated.

13. Porphyos

Porphyos New Member

Freedom and independence

14. afoskett

afoskett New Member

Motivation to me is about continually working on the goals that are most important to me. Roaming through life without doing anything that feels purposeful is demotivating to most people.

Do what makes you feel like a million bucks!

15. drewbelmore

drewbelmore New Member

Hahaha...i can agree with your thoughts partially.

16. letsdothis

letsdothis New Member

17. Pietro51

Pietro51 New Member

Desire to help my closest family and friends

18. jmpruitt

jmpruitt New Member

My driving need to save the world from self destruction....

okay, well, maybe not that, since I'm not a super hero (yet...)

But, I am motivated by seeing others helped by the work that I do. The money is just a byproduct, and a reward for my time. the real motivation comes from seeing others achieve what they desire, and knowing I helped them get there.

19. angelbabee1971

angelbabee1971 New Member

:whs: ... while we probably help people by doing different things, i totally agree with you! :thumb::D

20. RealEstateGuy

RealEstateGuy New Member

It's interesting that there is not a mention of money in this thread as a motivator.

I think money is a HUGE motivational factor for a lot of people. They just don't really like to admit it, makes them sound materialistic.
    If they weren't motivated to by money, then they wouldn't do a job they didn't necessarily enjoy to the fullest possible level.

However I DO think people in general have several motivators, of course one of them being money. But other then the money, everyone is different.

Here is what motivates me
    - Money - I want to buy stuff, go on vacations, have nice things, help other people, take care of my family, afford good health insurance, leave money for my children, etc.
    - Realizing my dreams and goals. But that takes money (In my case anyways)
    - Being able to venture out into other hobbies and activities. Like classic cars, becoming a pilot, Spending the time educating myself on the things I have always wanted to learn about, Body building, etc.
    - Giving my children an awesome childhood.
    - Traveling the world

I like to think that motivations change as we develop. When you have the money thing figured out, you find other things to motivate you and so on and so on. Im sure Warren Buffet isn't motivated anymore by the money. He's probably more motivated by not making mistakes.

That's what I think anyways.