Limitless

Discussion in 'The Library' started by KahunaGrande, May 22, 2011.

1. KahunaGrande

KahunaGrande Scurvy Elephant

Kinda surprised I am the first to post on this recent gem.

Saw this on a matinee last week and enjoyed it a bit more than I expected. Bradley Cooper (Hangover apparently, which I have not seen) plays a struggling writer who gets a pill from his ex-brother-in-law that opens up the 'other 80%' of the brain we don't normally get to use.

Some interesting morality and thoughts on success in general but far more fun and less preachy than I suspected it might be.

Anyone else see and enjoy 'Limitless'?

2. RealEstateGuy

RealEstateGuy New Member

Yeah bro, I did like it. It could of been a lot better though.
    The plot was ultra cool and I did get in a good mindset.

3. angelbabee1971

angelbabee1971 New Member

if this is a new movie give it 6 months before it comes out here in OZ ... till then ... ive never heard of it (go figure) lol

4. Scooter

Scooter Na Koa Ali'i

Have not heard of it.
    I live at third rock, just under the bottom of it... ;)

5. wadeinni

wadeinni New Member

Great movie this was. It reminds me of the days when I was a relentless daytrader. If only I had those mental abilities Bradley Cooper did in the film I'b be a billionaire by now. But it does explore how the human being has this vast potential for increased mental power that's actually very possible if science can unlock it.

Scientist say average humans naturally use only 10 percent of their brains, while geniuses (actual medically classified ones like Einstein) naturally use 15 to 20 percent. What blows my mind is why nature gave us this huge potential for brain power but put a limit on accessing it. What a joke on us. I want my 100% noggin :-(

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  6. WallFlower Blooms

WallFlower Blooms New Member

Daytrader, huh? So much talent.

I recently came across that 10 percent stat -- and it kind of freaks me. I don't have a clue how I could use more of my brainpower/potential than I am already.

7. WallFlower Blooms

WallFlower Blooms New Member

I don't know what I did to mess up the quotes. Blah!

8. wadeinni

wadeinni New Member

LOL, nobody's perfect, that's what make us so interesting as individuals. That's what they call a fat finger in daytrading :)

9. wadeinni

wadeinni New Member

Yeah, I learned from an early age growing up in the islands, you have to diversify, no pun intended. There's this big stereotype about Jamaican people that they all hold 10 jobs,. who am I to prove them wrong :)

10. PhilD

PhilD New Member

The quote is not what we make it out to be. What the quote refers to is that while doing a specific task we are only using 10% of one's brain. Not that we don't tap into the other 90%.

11. sarahgop

sarahgop Active Member

i need to open the 99% of my brain i dont use.

12. wadeinni

wadeinni New Member

Don't we all Sarah. It's 5AM and I'm up super early since 3:30, don't ask me why. But I find myself between my kitchen and the laptop and wishing I could conjure up ten bodies all being controlled by my master brain, but with a measley 10 percent being used that's wishful thinking. Need some of that genie power right about now to get all my tasks done, but in the meantime I think some boiled ginger root tea will help :)

13. Skya

Skya New Member

I don't remember what I was watching, but I learned this recently also. It's funny how a misconception can develop a life of it's own. This fact was actually more comforting that we do truly use all of our brain power, even though it may not seem like it sometimes.

14. Debbiefreckles

Debbiefreckles New Member

I loved this movie, I bought the DVD.

I saw it when I was studying a lot for my physical therapy board exam and I use to joke that I wish I had that pill, so I could memorize all the information I needed to learn.

Also something was so familar about Bradley Cooper, and I was not sure why. He grew up 5 minutes from and is same age as me but I don't remember ever meeting him.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  15. dougmccoy

dougmccoy New Member

great movie and i think brad cooper really did a good job doing serious roles.